The placement cell of CSMT has taken upon itself the onerous yet fulfilling task of assisting the students bettering their career prospect by providing them need based and result- oriented training programmes that help them achieve their need. This process is engaged through modern training facilities and innovative methodology which work at satisfying the objective of providing career guidance to students, co-ordination with prospective external agencies/industries/companies and suitably enriching the experience on both sides.
The Placement Cell is headed by a committee that exerts itself in order to maintain the high level of interaction enjoyed by the companies with the students, thereby helping the latter to develop successful job strategies and career wise decision-making and other skills commensurate with the expectations of the industry.
A good collection of reference books and pertinent articles are available for purposes of understanding the scope of operations better. The members in-charge are available on call to respond to students questions and concerns including advice on placement procedures, help with preparation of applications, curriculum vitae and reference letters etc.
- The aim is to ensure that students have the information and skills necessary for an effective job search.
- Arranging preparatory programmes such as seminars, group discussions, written tests/interviews (mock), confidence building and personality development sessions, the general awareness courses etc by experts in their respective fields for students to gauge and handle challenging aspects in their prescribed work sphere.
- Those considering careers in various fields are offered career guidance and this is usually based on new and revised information regarding workplace trends.
- Internships are also offered to those students who are keen on experiencing a slice of workplace life.
- The Cell also assists the management of the college in generating awareness amongst students about the various opportunities present for them to explore.
- Individual counselling and group sessions are held to assist in a smoother flow of activity.
- Acts as a link between students and the Industry.